Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hmmm....

Blogging is something that I never thought that I would do.   But after reading some of the blogs written by my friends, I decided that I would give it a try.  I guess if no one reads what I write, that is okay by me.  Sometimes it is nice to just jot down some thoughts.  


Here is just a little about me.    I am currently a stay-at-home mom to my quickly growing, six month old baby girl, Carolyn Ruth.   After much thought, I decided to take a year off from teaching fifth grade to enjoy my babe's first year.   Before Carolyn was born, I enjoyed gardening, the outdoors, cooking and reading.  I still enjoy those things, but she doesn't always give me time to do them right now.  


I love to clean - thanks to the "clean gene" that was passed on to me from my mother.  (More on this later!)  There is nothing more rewarding to me than seeing laundry hanging on the clothesline or sitting down on the couch and looking at my clean house!  My family and close friends know that Friday is my cleaning day and I am not to be disturbed unless it is absolutely necessary!  


I have always been cheap...or maybe I should say frugal.  Nope, I'm just cheap!!    I coupon, sign up for free samples and search the Web for all kinds of savings.  When I find a deal, I will tell anyone who will listen how much I saved.  I recently starting doing SwagBucks, and am already addicted!!  


I love living life as simply as possible, and I take so much joy in just sitting still and watching life around me.  The year 2010 was both an extremely wonderful and horridly difficult year for me.  (Maybe one of my next blogs will take this more into detail.)  But with the love and grace of an amazing God,  I am learning to adjust and enjoy all over again.


I really don't know what will ever come out of this blog.  I love to tell stories about the little things that have happened to me.   My former students can attest to that!  I may never write on here again.  But then again, you never know!   I guess you will have to wait and see!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging, Jackie! *I love a clean house and everything put away as well - trouble is with 6 people something is always a mess! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. always glad for another blog to read! i'm glad you took the year off to be with carolyn - i don't think you'll ever regret that decision! they grow waaaay too fast as it is. blessings to you both!

    ReplyDelete